This is number three in the Shifting Sands thread. (I have to get the tags updated.)
I spoke with a Japanese lawyer last week, and he has given me one more avenue to consider if I want to renew the visa. I can either blog about it today, or try to get the research and paperwork started, so for now it’s: more later!
[Update 11/9/10: I did manage to go down there yesterday, but I don ‘t think I’ll be able to get what I was looking for. Ideally, this was a “designated activities” visa based off the Friendship Commerce and Navigation treaty, while I am waiting for a resolution of the IBM matter. I think I am going to have to settle for the 90-day temporary visa.]